Why join HUSSE?
- this is a community where you can meet everyone who counts in English Studies in Hungary
- you can gain formative scholarly and academic support from your peers in the society
- at HUSSE-conferences you can meet international scholars
- you can participate in HUSSE-conferences at reduced registration fees
- you can participate in ESSE-conferences, the biggest biennial events in English Studies only if you are also a HUSSE-member
- you can be the grantee of HUSSE-awards
- you can apply for ESSE research grants
- you can enjoy the social events at conferences as an integral member of this community
- for no extra fee, you can participate in various affiliated societies, like the Hungarian Society for the Study of Drama in English (HUSDDE), the Hungarian Society for Irish Studies (HUSIS), and the Hungarian Shakespeare Committee (Magyar Shakespeare Bizottság: MSB)
all in all:
- HUSSE is the gateway beyond the walls of your institution to the larger scholarly community in Hungary and Europe.
You are kindly requested to submit the HUSSE entry form and your CV and publication list in the following way:
- Download the entry form, fill it in, sign it, and either scan and send it by email to us,
- or send it by post to our address
- CV and publication list: send it electronically via email
- annual membership fee: HUF 8000
- reduced annual membership fee for PhD students: HUF 6000
- reduced annual membership fee for retired members: HUF 4000
- when applying, PhD students are also requested to submit a statement by their supervisor or the head of their doctoral school that should contain two elements: the support of the application, and a clarification which stage of his/her PhD studies the applicant is currently at.