Awardees in 2019
1. Glant Tibor: A Szent Korona amerikai kalandja és hazatérése. Amerika tegnap és ma sorozat. Debreceni Egyetemi Kiadó, 2018.
2. Vöő Gabriella: Kortársunk, Mr. Poe: Felfedező utak az összegyűjtött elbeszélésekben. Ráció kiadó, Budapest, 2016.
Peterecz Zoltán: Jeremiah Smith és a magyar népszövetségi kölcsön, 1924-1926: Egy jenki pénzügyi ellenőr a Magyar Királyságban. Debreceni Egyetemi Kiadó, 2018.
Awardees in 2017
1. Kérchy Anna: Alice in Transmedia Wonderland: Curiouser and Curiouser New Forms of a Children’s Classic. McFarland, 2016.
2. Timár Andrea: A Modern Coleridge: Cultivation, Addiction, Habits. Palgrave Macmillan, 2015.
Kürtösi Katalin: Modernism on the “Margin” – The “Margin” on Modernism: Manifestations in Canadian Culture. Wissner-Verlag, 2013.
Awardees in 2013
1. Frank Tibor: Kettős kivándorlás. Budapest – Berlin – New York, 1919-1945. Budapest: Gondolat, 2012.
1. Komáromy Zsolt: Figures of Memory. From the Muses to Eighteenth-Century British Aesthetics. Lewisburg: Bucknell UP, 2011.
Awardees in 2011
1. Dr. Dósa Attila, Beyond Identity: New Horizons in Modern Scottish Poetry (Amsterdam: Rodopi, 2009)
Call for Book Award Submissions
Following the tradition launched a few years ago, the Hungarian Society for the Study of English calls for nominations and submissions for the 2017 Book Award. We are expecting books (preferably monographs, but also non-monographical one-author volumes) to be submitted to the Book Award Committee for preview. Either the authors themselves or anyone recommending the volume can send in and nominate books for the award.
1. books in the broadly defined area of English studies (corresponding to the research areas as outlined by the Constitution of HUSSE: http://husse-esse.hu/about/constitution/), published either in English or in Hungarian, either in 2015 or in 2016 can be submitted in the following two categories:
a. junior (first book)
2. the author of the book must be a fee-paying member of HUSSE at the moment of submission (before submitting the volume, please, check the membership list at http://husse-esse.hu/membership/, and in the case of any problem or uncertainty, contact the Society’s administrator, Kotricz Károlyné at husse93 [at] yahoo.com);
3. submission deadline: 15 December 2016 (by postmark or in person).
The shortlist of the three runners-up and the winner of each category will be announced at the public ceremony at the HUSSE 13 conference, 26-28 January 2017, Eszterházy Károly University, Eger.
The books, with a nomination cover letter indicating the category, should be sent to the following address:
c/o Szépéné Ungár Erika intézeti ügyintéző
SZTE BTK Angol-Amerikai Intézet
Szeged, Egyetem utca 2. 6722
The submitted books will not be returned, but deposited as part of the HUSSE special collection recently created at the registered seat of HUSSE (4032 Debrecen, Egyetem tér 1.). The books will be available for public use, including their registration in online catalogues and databases, and will also be available for inter-library loan services (as some previous submissions already are).
N.B.: The Book award is different and separate from the oral book presentations that will also take place at the conference. So in case you have already submitted your volume for that purpose, and you want your book to be considered for the Book Award as well, you are kindly requested to send yet another copy to the address above.